Monday, March 2, 2009

Cooperative Wine Tasting

The title of this post may sound a bit confusing; but we really don't need the CIA or the bomb squad to decifer this word play. Can't say it any better than Wikipedia:

"A winemaking cooperative is an agricultural cooperative which is involved in winemaking, and which in similarity to other cooperatives is owned by its members. The members in a winemaking cooperative are usually vineyard owners, who deliver grapes to the cooperative, which is involved in production of wine from the grapes and the subsequent marketing activities."

My trip planning now largely consists of rereading websites I've already found for either updates or something I hadn't read before. I was looking on a great wine site; http://www.wineterroirs.com/ and came across a grand wine tasting of cooperatives, free to the trade. Since I have been a wine professional for many years; I emailed. Within a day, I heard back that I was welcome; I printed out an invitation; what a world! Below you can see the names of the many cooperatives; some I am familiar with and I can tell you; It should be some bombastic event. À votre santé

Les plus Belles Caves Coopératives présentes
La Cave des Vignerons de Pfaffenheim, La Cave des Grands vins de Fleurie, La Chablisienne, Champagne Mailly Grand Cru, Cave de Tain-L'Hermitage, Cave de Rasteau, Cave de Cairanne, Alliance Loire, Saint-Mont Producteurs Plaimont, Vignerons des Terres Secrètes à Prissé, Origine Marmandais, Union des Producteurs de Saint-Emilion, Les Vignerons Costières et Soleil, Vignerons Ardèchois, Laudun Chusclan Vignerons, Vignerons de Buxy, La Fruitière Vinicole d'Arbois,Vignerons de Buxy, La Fruitière Vinicole d'Arbois, Cave Bailly Lapierre, Les Vignerons d'Estézargues, Cave du Mont Tauch, Champagne de Saint-Gall, Alliance des Vignerons du Beaujolais, La Vinsobraise, La Cave des Hautes Cotes, La Cave d'Irouleguy, La Cave des Vins de Sancerre, Champagne Vincent d'Astrée, Les Vignerons Corsicans, La Cave du Roy René, Cave Anne de Joyeuse, Cave des vignerons de Mancey, La Cave d'Embres et Castelmaure

No comments:

Post a Comment